What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and why do you need it?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the science of increasing the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines by improving organic search result positioning. You can have the most compelling site on the web with the best products on the market at the best possible prices but it doesn't mean a thing if your prospects can't find you. Proper development and design are important steps in the process of creating an effective online presence but it definitely does not end there. Search Engine Optimization is critical to strategic positioning on the search engines and increasing traffic to your website.
It is absolutely vital to the success of your online business to be found on the search engines AND found at the top of the first results page for your keyword search terms. Research shows that 92% of all web users will not go beyond the first page of search engine results but will attempt to fine tune their search - 67% will not even scroll down! It is for this reason that it is imperative that your website comes up within the top ten search results (preferably the top five) for your chosen keywords. Research has shown that coming up in the first five organic search results can improve traffic and conversions by up to 900%.
SEO adapts your site to be easily indexed by search engines while taking into consideration search trends relevant to your core online business goals. This is accomplished by updating site content and coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.
Vautour Design Studio's search engine optimization services can help you to significantly improve your search engine positioning - allowing your site to be found more easily. We offer three levels of optimization: Basic SEO, Intermediate SEO, & Advanced SEO.
All sites developed by Vautour Design Studio include a basic search engine optimization. Most design and development firms charge an additional fee for this service. However, we feel that dropping a client on the web without at least a basic search engine optimization is the equivalent of dropping someone in the middle of the ocean in a boat that has no oars, sails, or a motor. We refuse to do this to our clients. This may seem a somewhat colorful analogy but it is nonetheless an accurate depiction of having your website on the web without it being adequately prepared to be found by the search engines. This is vital to your online success!
Contact us to receive website specific pricing information or to set up a free consultation. If you prefer, you may also submit your information using the form below and one of our representatives will contact you.
Five Reasons For Search Engine Optimization
- SEO Will Only Help Your Business: Properly executed SEO will not harm your business. It can only increase your visibility and traffic on the web - which ultimately means more business and greater profits. However, it is also extremely important that you have your website optimized by an SEO professional to avoid the deliberate or inadvertent employment of what is referred to as Black Hat methods which try to mislead the search engines or use unethical techniques to achieve higher placement on the search engines. NEVER try to trick the search engines and NEVER work with an organization that suggests that you should. It will definitely come back to bite you.
- Persistency: Banner ads or paid search engine placement are a quick way to show up on search engines quickly but should not be your primary strategy for search engine placement as paid advertisements are typically looked at AFTER organic listings. Also consumers are more likely to purchase from a site in the organic search engine results than from a paid advertisement.
- Branding Strategy: Having a site that shows up often and consistently for certain search terms halps online customers to make a subconscious connection between your brand and the search terms. Also surveys show that consumers are far more likely to recognize brands that show up in the top five organic search engine results than those appearing as paid ads.
- Targeted Traffic: SEO allows you to target the prospects you would like to bring to your site in order to maximaize your visitor to purchase conversion rates. By targeting the traffic you bring to your site you can increase the success of your online marketing efforts exponentially.
- Low Cost Advertising: In comparison to paid advertisements, SEO gives you a far more cost-effective marketing strategy with the best ROI and greater stability long-term.
Contact us to receive website specific pricing information or to set up a free consultation.